One of Global core values is community involvement and corporate citizenship.
At Globalís headquarters in Tampa, employees participate in an annual Thanksgiving food drive, collect toiletries for needy school children, and used cell phones to help the local domestic violence shelter and support other charitable causes.
Globalís involvement in the community includes providing monetary support to local, not-for-profit organizations. We have selected several organizations in Florida to receive the majority of this support.
Our relationship with these organizations is described below:
1. Globalís roots are in entrepreneurship. As a result, Global supports The Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the University of Florida.
2. Global works closely with Metropolitan Ministries, a Tampa not-for-profit organization whose mission is to care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless. Global sponsors this organizationís annual fund-raising luncheon.
3. During a United Way presentation, Global employees were touched while learning about Joshua House, a home in the Tampa area that provides emergency shelter care and residential group care services for abused, abandoned, and neglected children. Since that time, Global provides monetary support. In addition, one Global employee has helped establish a collaborative effort with the local university to provide after-school tutoring to the children at Joshua House.
4. The Centre for Women provides services that strengthen the community, promotes self-sufficiency and enriches the lives of women, girls, families and the elderly. Our support includes sponsorship of this organizationís annual silent auction.
5. OASIS Network works closely with the local school district to provide necessities such as shoes, clothes and hygiene items to needy school children. Global employees provide Christmas gifts for these children.
6. Global Imaging companies offer products and services that reduce waste, energy consumption and gas emissions.
As a decentralized company, Global encourages each core company to be active in its own community.